Foose felons - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2005, 12:51 AM

Last wiki edit: How to document your project
Last journal entry: 1949 Olds -- Rotisserie, pt. 9
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Foose felons

I finally watched an episode of "Overhaulin'" where they steal somebody's car and customize it under the direction of Chip Foose. Where did these sick people come from? In this particular show, they stole a lady's 2005 Mustang (with the knowledge and consent of her husband) and stuck on a body kit, wheels, paint, exhaust, interior, differential and supercharger. While they wrecked her car and rebuilt it to suit themselves, they tortured the already stressed lady with a lousy rental car, faked rejections by the insurance company and faked damage claims on the rental when she returns it.

If that was me and I managed to resist shooting the S.O.B.'s, there would be a divorce for the spouse and criminal court for the whole crew of bolt-on customizers. Life deals out enough stress without liars and thieves doing it for a crappy television show.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2005, 02:10 AM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I wonder how many actually find out then have to play along? If it was me I would personally be calling the local popo's or goin g there instead of one detectives name on a business card. By the time they were done the local police would have their hands full. And as far as insurance companies...if the local rep is not going to give me a satisfactory answer, then it's off to calling the main office. Other than that..Chip and his crew can Overhaul my rides anyday!!!!
Old 10-05-2005, 06:31 AM
Old Salt

Last photo:

Just think, seven days to overhaul a ride. I am amazed with the teamwork of the crew. Sure is different tempo from Boyd's show.
Take a look the request form on TLC web page. There is a statement the owner is responsible for any value increase after the build.

Dutch
Old 10-05-2005, 09:26 AM
or Jeff, or Doc, or...

Last journal entry: Results of the Camaro
Last photo:

My wife and I always do the "what if they grabbed your car"...Being on the East Coast, I really don't have to worry about Chip heisting my cars. I told her I would be PISSED! First off, I HATE the BigWheels. He is an incredible artist, but I don't like everything he does. If he wanted to include me in the design process, that would be fine, but I don't want to give someone carte-blanche on my cars. No way. I HATE those stupid stereos he puts in everything. Put the $ into the motor. That makes enough music for me!
I wouldn't mind the pranking, it doesn't bother me. Sure I would get worked up, but the reward in the end justifies it. And some of the color combo's...... I guess I'd have to see them in real light. I didn't care for the graphics on the 05 Mustang. Looked retro enough, but was too plain. Stripes need to be separated.
I'd REALLY like to be there when they did the car, and designing. Wouldn't make much for the show, but I'd love to see the craftsmen at work. I wonder if they get a tape of the complete build?
Old 10-05-2005, 09:34 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: PICTURE TEST
Last photo:

show

I like chip's attitude way better the boyds,,, I really don't care much for chips style of cars but i do think he is good at what he does..

If they lifted one of my cars,,,I would drop kick that little midget insurance guy they have playing the bad guy... That would make a great out-take reel me pouncing on the insurance dude!!!!!!I really don't care for the smart a** guy that is kind of the star... After i was done pummeling the midget i'd spank that guy for good measure.... You can tell he does not know anything about cars....They would talk about me being on the show for years.......

I thought that navy seal last night was going to thrash some body when they said his truck was worth only $3500.00

Keith
Old 10-05-2005, 11:42 AM

Last photo:

Don't think for a second everybody does not know whats going on from the start.
Otherwise, that wimp that does the prankster tricks would get his a** kicked by the second day of every show.

Why the producers think all this crap is necessary is beyond me.

For the record, I like all of Chips creations and I will say this, he is one of the nicest down to earth guys you will ever meet.

Unlike his main competitor who is a total full of himself jack***!

I have met both a number of times, would not piss on the one if he was on fire.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:56 AM

Last photo:

Yeah, what's the deal between Boyd and Foose? I was watching "American Hot Rod" when Charlie announced he was leaving to go work with Foose. According to Boyd, Foose was the devil. He basically said if he never spoke to Charlie again, he would have no problem with it. I'll never understand people who always have to be dramatic and rushing everything. He's burning those guys out. I know some of it is for the show though. Boyd acts like little *****. I lost all respect for his "technical" abilities when they had 6 guys trying to figure out why a hemi wouldn't start and they had to call this one "expert on hemis" to find that they just misrouted the plug wires. They were all so puzzled by what the problem could be.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:55 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankR
Yeah, what's the deal between Boyd and Foose?

When boyd went Bankrupt, Foose was working for him at the time and he just left.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:08 PM

Last wiki edit: How to document your project
Last journal entry: 1949 Olds -- Rotisserie, pt. 9
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

The end does not justify the means. Regardless of whether you like the car after they finish and regardless of whether you think the victim is actually aware of what's going on before being told, it's still a show that glorifies grand theft auto, vandalism and lies. Candid Camera was full of harmless pranks. Overhaulin' is based on a very stressful felony crime, or else it's a totally scripted commercial for the products and businesses featured on the cars.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:19 PM
brains

Last photo:

Personally I don't like foose his haircut really pisses me off. I can't decied if he's trying to be a car designer or a fasion model, I think he's failed at both

I'm still mad about the all original classic 1970 dodge challanger they turned into a space shuttle looking garbage can.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:18 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

I'd take Foose over Boyd any day of the week. Foose has talent, Boyd is just an A55 with a beard. That said, I wouldn't want either to mess with any of my vehicles. I can watch and learn some of their techniques on the shows but I do my own designs and my own work and there's very little chance that either one of them would build any of my cars the way I would want it.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:42 PM
NYOFP4RJ3CHRIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainsboy
Personally I don't like foose his haircut really pisses me off.
That made me spit pop all over the place.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:55 PM
waynenewtoneVil

Last journal entry: plans
Last photo:

I wouldn't be pissed if he stole my Kia!
Old 10-06-2005, 04:29 AM
I'm not superstitious

Last journal entry: Release catch for trunk lid pt.5
Last photo:

I also like Foose 100 more than Boyd.

Foose always seems to be well organised, well planned and never seems to have any problems getting parts. His people always seem to work very closely as a team and the one doesn't try to hinder the other. He also gets his hands dirty as if just another team member and not just as a dictator. Due to his professionalism everybody respects him and therefore his wish is there command without him being an *****.

With Boyd, I feel, it is just the opposite.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:07 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenaway2long
First off, I HATE the BigWheels. He is an incredible artist, but I don't like everything he does. I HATE those stupid stereos he puts in everything. Put the $ into the motor. That makes enough music for me!
?
I wonder if he would get upset if you sold the stereo and wheels and bought something else? I think I'd tell him I "accidently" dropped a tire iron into one of those big, booming speaker. Oooops! Sell them at the car wash, trade the wheels for some nice Cragar type, Chip has done some very cool work, I'd say he has about a 90 0/0 success rate with me. About 6 months ago my wife told me she submitted the coupe for his show, never heard from him. I guess I'm not worthy..... And dam, I have almost all my parts gathered up...

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.