Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ford 300 inline six in a Ford Granada
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 10:48 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Ford 300 inline six in a Ford Granada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusto
Why? let's explain,

my son got the car for free from my brother, it's an old model but in pretty good shape

my brother bought the car to pull the 351W engine, trans and power steering to transplant into a mustang, so the granada was left powerless.

since my son needed a reliable and cheap car to go to college I decided to help him make it run again, neither him nor I wanted a rice burner for him,

I had this 300 I6 engine in my shop so he got the engine for free also, he worked in the car and I helped him so nothing is being spent in labor costs, he doesn't need a hot rod and I don't want him driving one, so the six is perfect I feel comfortable with it.

but the most important part is that hes learning a lot about working with cars, nex time he'll start a car project on his own, and I'm sure it will be some old american iron.

now it has become some sort of "cool" project to work with, we're pretty excited and can't wait to make it run.

the granada is nice and has lots of room and a nice stereo can be installed inside, he's saving money for that.

maybe, and just maybe I'll let him (read I'll do the work) install a turbocharger in the I6... that'll be cool..

If a turbo is possibly in the works, consider entering "Ak Miller" into your search engine as he did work on the inline 300 Ford with turbo's and created quite a bit of power with them. That man knew how to make power with just about anything he touched. He's one of the best that came down the road. Hope that may help in the future.