Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ford 300 six cylinder custom head
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 03:47 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Ford 300 six cylinder custom head

Years ago there was a six cylinder weight break for the late model classes at one of the local dirt tracks that I would frequent. Some of the guys were running ford 300 six cylinders with good success. After a couple of good seasons of running competitively with the big blocks a couple of guys showed up with a custom head that consisted of two V-8 Ford heads that had a combustion chamber removed from each end and were furnace bronzed together in the middle. The advantage was better flow because the intake was on one side and the exhaust was on the other. Needless to say they began to really spank everybody and by the end of the season the six cylinders were out ruled.

Now my question is does anyone here know of doing this and what heads have the same bolt holes/pattern as the 300 six? I am building an economy roadster and would like an unusual engine to put in it. This may sound expensive but if I knew of someone's experience to draw from I could do all of the work myself. It is not a high dollar car by no means. Years ago we would call it a skeeter. Today they are called Rat Rods.

Thanks, Chris