ford 327 build - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Bold As Love

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327
Anyone who is such a loser lowlife ************** that would choose to single out one of the most- if not THE single most vulnerable segment of the population to use as a cruel putdown can go to hell- straight up.

Do not pretend to correct me on ANYTHING- noob. I will not suffer your foolishness any more than his.
I wasn't pretending to correct you at all. You are just plain wrong. He isn't perfect in his reaction, but you have him trumped in spades with your insolence, far surpassing his mistake in non pc statement.

Advertisement

Last edited by 68NovaSS; 09-18-2010 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Other.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2010, 02:28 PM
Visit the NASCAR Hall of Fame

Maybe the short stroke rod ratio forum

Quote:
Troy, please do not take exception to my comments. They really aren't directed at you.

I have watched quite a few threads that remind me of this one.. It also puts me in mind of now decades of young kids coming in the shop with all kinds of questions, and preconceived notions based on probably hundreds of hours of reading magazines starting before they were 10 years old, and now this generation with the internet, soaking up more tech information than they can understand, which they put a lot of stock in.

Hotrodders forum has a lot of sub-divisions, engine, interior, body, ect..

I have wondered if there ought to be a subcategory under ENGINE for the younger guys. Don't know if it could even be done or how it would be named. But somehow I think it could be beneficial.
I was lucky to grow up in a great shop with excellent associations, and I remember the older guys (guys my age now) basically always had the same answers to the same questions asked by beginners. We even had a guy much like TI, even looked a bit like him, He usually stayed out of the fray but would answer the question in the context it was ask, if at all.

Maybe with a beginners forum they could talk about those issues until they have them settled in their minds to move on.

I have a tendency to go more stroke on the street shorter rod for lower rpm longer for sustained higher rpms. Primarily though I like my power early and will recommend it if asked, sometimes when not, lol!

But like all of us, these guys want to play too. They are more like us than all the others of their generation; That makes them a part of our Tribe. And this is the best forum of it's kind in the world. Want to hear some really stupid answers and questions too, go visit the other three or four major forums.
IMHO If these young guys get run off from here they have nowhere decent to go!

And you know when they come in the shop you can't hit 'um. No offence Cereal guy. <Besides I've decided to build a 327 Ford even if you don't..
Old 09-18-2010, 02:41 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Biker
I wasn't pretending to correct you at all. You are just plain wrong. He isn't perfect in his reaction, but you have him trumped in spades with your insolence, far surpassing his mistake in non pc statement.
NON PC STATEMENT??

Do you have a family member who is developmentally disabled aka "retarded"??

You know-nothing pos- leave me out of your crap- I do not respect your lack-of-knowledge-fueled "answers" you give, nor your pot-fueled penchant for rod/stroke ratios, I do not respect you period. That ought to be plenty reason for you to use the "Ignore" function. I have zero use for you.

When the next bug gets squashed on your windshield and it morphs into a revelation to become the next wind-powered know-it-all, I'll be happy. At least you won't be here.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:19 PM

I'm going to go smoke a cigarette!

Maybe we could just have a category for rod/stroke rations<< I meant ratios!.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Even though the engine forum is not mine to moderate, I will suspend people for name calling......It stops or I will.

As for a beginners forum for engine basics, we have been trying to steer such threads to the Hotrodding Basics forum.......an advanced engine forum has also been talked about.

Budget RVs
Old 09-18-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62

As for a beginners forum for engine basics, we have been trying to steer such threads to the Hotrodding Basics forum.......an advanced engine forum has also been talked about.

Never heard of the Shade Tree. I looked at and I'll follow it for a while, but so far I still think we're already on the best forum.

I didn't name the 3 or 4 forums I had in mind but I assume our members have thier own idea about who they are.

Advanced Engine forum sounds like it might work.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:16 PM
Psychomotors

Quote:
Troy, please do not take exception to my comments. They really aren't directed at you.
Everything is okay by me No harm,no foul.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:04 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Working with chromed bolts
Last journal entry: New to me T-Bucket
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

This thread is being closed. Like Poncho says, continued abuse could result in suspensions.

Midnight Sun Street Rod Association
Closed Thread

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.