ford 347 stroker motor question??? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2003, 10:36 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

ford 347 stroker motor question???

ok my friend put a 347 stroker into his mustang and it seemed to be runnin real well. then he was drining 1 day it was rattling a little. i told him it was his rockers. i was right. he bought the motor already built . then he was driving home 1 day and it started rapping and he lost oil pressure. he got it home and to find out his oil pump shaft was broken.so he put in new high volume pump. now when he starts the motor he gets a pinging coming from motor. its not cheap ges cuz he runs on cam 2.so does any1 no maybe what could be makin the pinging sound. im not sure if its bearing or not because i had thru a bearing 1 time and that thing just rapped like a ****!! any thoughts would be cool because i dont whant my friend to get raped by some mechanic . cuz if its not 2 magor i might be able 2 help him n save a heap of cash!! thanx!! inkfixer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2003, 10:47 AM
WV hillbilly

Last journal entry: PTL 220CC
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Re: ford 347 stroker motor question???

Quote:
Originally posted by inkfixer73
ok my friend put a 347 stroker into his mustang and it seemed to be runnin real well. then he was drining 1 day it was rattling a little. i told him it was his rockers. i was right. he bought the motor already built . then he was driving home 1 day and it started rapping and he lost oil pressure. he got it home and to find out his oil pump shaft was broken.so he put in new high volume pump. now when he starts the motor he gets a pinging coming from motor. its not cheap ges cuz he runs on cam 2.so does any1 no maybe what could be makin the pinging sound. im not sure if its bearing or not because i had thru a bearing 1 time and that thing just rapped like a ****!! any thoughts would be cool because i dont whant my friend to get raped by some mechanic . cuz if its not 2 magor i might be able 2 help him n save a heap of cash!! thanx!! inkfixer

How long did it run without oil presure? and the oil pump shaft is a common problem in Hi-po ford small blocks, Id replace the factory style shaft and stick a chromeoly one in there..and as long as the timing is ok, the only thing that I can think of is a blown head gasket, Id do a compression check and look for signs of a head gasket, just to be sure, IE: water in the oil..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.