Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ford 400 Dished to Flat Top Pistons = Rebalance Crank?
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 09:03 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Yeah I do plan to do it my self, with the help of my friend and his grandpa who is a mechanic. Anny suggestions as to where i should buy them from? I know that there are only a few places. The cam set that I have picked out is one that is 800 to 4800 rpm, its going into a truck. I have looked up a lot on this engine and i basically understand that it is a tall decked Cleveland with a bigger stroke 4 and 4, I know the valve timing is crap and im replacing all that and I have read alot on the heads stamped M, which i have read are prone to crack, and with no surprise mine were cracked multiple places on each head. So i decided to get a Cleveland 2v open set which already had a valve job done on them. I also have read that the M head has a 78.4 cc chamber and the 2v open Cleveland's have a 76.2 cc chamber, anyway mine were cracked so i needed a new pair. So, any other tips you guys have? And by the way I really value you guys responses, they help me a lot.