Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ford 460 holley 750 Questions :)
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 02:33 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Have been looking around and from what iv read my 460 is the bad one with the worst heads ..... is the block the same as all 460s? like can i just bolt on new heads and intake and itl be back to good again? and how bad are these heads? does that mean its going to wreck my engine because of detonation . . . also how can i stop that? i mean i have open exhausts and a holley 750 carb and i run it on 91 octane and going to get a HEI dizzy because its currently missing/running rough/running on like 7 cylinders when i give it a rev. . .or its the sound of detonation? i duno what that sounds like lol jst doesnt run right when i give it heaps of revs like its running on 7 cylinders. i just dont want to blow the engine i want it driveable reliable and road legal without blowing before i start modding the engine and changing the heads but if these heads are that bad ill change them i just dont want to ruin the whole engine . . .

Last edited by lil-vulky; 10-14-2012 at 02:48 AM.