Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ford 460 holley 750 Questions :)
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 02:56 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

once i buy a distributor and new plugs if it still runs rough ill take it in to get the carby tuned and timing done then they will be able to sort it out, kinda hard to tell why its running rough or if its missing because its so dam loud with the exhaust lol. was looking around and cant really find any other heads for sale for cheap . . . i found these "ford 460 edelbrock alloy heads 95 cc chambers 292cc intake ports 2.190 intake valves 1.760 exhaust valves1.540 springs .700 lift maxtt" these are the only heads i can find for sale, these cost like $1500 but i have no idea if these heads are good or if all 460s have the same block setup or if ill need to do work to that for it to run good,

how can i reduce chances of detonation with my current setup? just want it running before i start making more engine upgrades really, still need to hook up gearbox linkage get a drive shaft and few other things and havnt got much money at the moment so need to prioritise what to get so i can get it moving and cost effiecent.