Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ford 5.0, 302, 351W Performance Info
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 11:22 PM
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8louzn
OK,
Now we can see if we get to the meat of things..
The holley lower was designed after the ford truck lower..
It will not work with the stock ford upper.
It is a kit with upper and lower from holley...
If you want to keep the stealth look I would just do some port work.
The truck upper has the throttle body on the wrong side.
I had thought about doing that but the throttle cable was on the wrong side..
Let me know what else you have questions on if I can help!
O contrair, mon amis.

Holley made a lower that was used with the stock 5.0 upper, and if I remember... it was about 1/2 inch taller. That is the one I was inquiring about. For the stealthy upper look.
They also made a complete intake.

The stock upper is symetrical, right to left, as is the GT40, and the TB can be placed on either side with equal performance. Yep, there's the throttle cable hookup situation. My friend put his on the driver's side. emailing you picture

As a recap, I am trying to make good power for the 95 % of the time I am between 2000 and 5000 rpm. Not that I don't mind winding to 6, but I am not willing to give up the lower and midrange torque to do it. (Maybe I do need a screw blower or a Cobra Jet)

I cruise 60 mph at 1950 rpm in 5th gear/ 2800 rpm in direct 4th. and gets easy 24 with the AC on, in 5th.

FYI= In the "old days" when someone asked, "how's she geared?" and guys would say, "2800 rpm". That is the rev per mile/ rev per minute at 60 miles per hour, takes into consideration the rear gear and the tire diameter.... Like a 33 inch tire with 4.56s vs. a 26 inch with 3.25 gears....... the same rpm.!!!

thanks,
geezer

Last edited by xntrik; 09-02-2005 at 11:35 PM.