Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ford 532 stroker
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 08:52 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

stroker motor

As for rod/stroke angularity, a 1.58 ratio isnt bad at all, since the desired is at least 1.5:1. Consider the Big Block Chevies which have rod stroke ratios somewhere around 1.48 or so, stock, less than the supposed magical 1.5. You have nothing to fear with a 1.58 ratio.
I dont recommend boring your block anymore than you absolutely have to, and I am sure that there are stroker kits that accomodate your stock bore, if your cylinders are in that good of shape. At any rate, the most you can safely go is .060" overbore.
If just getting more cubes is your thing, and you arent concerned about building Godzilla blocks, you might just consider dropping a 460 cranks, rods, and pistons in your 429's. The 460's have a rod/stroke ratio somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.7:1 or higher.
Unless you are planning to do some serious mudbogging or pulling with your Bronco, I think you will find that the 460, itself will have more than adiquate torque to rip the tread off your tires.
With the C-9 heads etc, you will be wanting to build a stump puller anyway, rather than a high revving engine.

Last edited by Max Keith; 04-07-2005 at 09:00 PM.