Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ford 532 stroker
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 08:11 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

While I am normaly a chevy guy Im a fan of the 385 series ford. I like to know as much as I can about ford and chevy engines and from what I can tell the bbf seem to have an advantage over the bbc. I have heard way too many stories about bbc having weak bottom ends, that and my friends seem to call me to come pull them out when their blazers and chevy pickups get stuck. My bronco seems to hold its own with no drivetrain mods so far and only a 429 and matching c6 throwin in. Now since I blew up the c6 Im goning with an NP 435 to a NP205 with a ford 9 in the rear and hopefully by summer next year a solid front axle in the front. So far I have a basicly stock 73 429 with a comp cams extreme 4x4 cam and a weiand stealth intake with a holley 750 vac secondary carb. Since I was going thru chassis fab here at wyotech I decided to do something usefull with a spare set of D3VE heads and ported them . I picked up around 20 cfm on the exh side and I am thinking of putting them on my 429 im running now. I also have a set of C9ve heads but with the cam I have I think that would up my compression too much. I picked up a later 70's 460 distributor so I could get rid of points etc and Now im just thinking of what I could do to get more power. thanks for the input.