ford 9 inch axle spline count - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2011, 08:51 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
Al - don't know if Ford exported Pinto's or even built them in Aus, but many of them had 8" as well, especially the wagons. Then of course the Granada - most had the 8" though some had the light duty, 7.5, I believe.

The engine in mine is a mild 5.0L Ford crate motor with GT40P heads, the SVT 'E' roller cam/Crane 1.7 rockers, a full MSD Billet igntion and box topped by a Performer RPM intake and an Edelbrock 1405 carb

As everything looks today The Billet Proof folks have a major cardiac event when the see the car

I really like that vintage Mustang or yours - it looks like you are doing a really nice job with the restoration and major updates.

Dave W
Thanks Dave. That looks like a show winner. i have been aiming for a finish like yours and hats off to you with the detail of finish. You must have some trophys for that. That air cleaner is a neat fit near the fire wall. I was hoping to have an oval shaped filter to sit on the Holley i have. The car came with a round "Mustang billet style" unit.
I have put my lathe to use and made a pwr steer pulley after i had an accident rolling the engine through a doorway and clipped the pulley. Ended up making a cap for the water pump pulley to cover the lug heads.
Inside i have added a console and had a local leather guy pad it out for me. Not much left to make now i hope.
Pinto's and Granada's have not made it to Aus. but now that you mention wagons it has me thinking about efi ford wagons of the mid 90;s made here in Aus.which had a really high diff for economy. They will be doing 100kph(60mph) at 2000 rpm. 4speed autos.
Worth investigating i think.
Cheers.
Al.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P6100044.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	823.9 KB
ID:	55924   Click image for larger version

Name:	P6100045.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	847.2 KB
ID:	55925  

Advertisement

Last edited by 67Mustang Al.; 06-09-2011 at 08:58 PM. Reason: addition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.