Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ford 9 inch to Chevy 4.75 pattern questions
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 07:36 PM
Street Rod Dreamin'

Last journal entry: Last post project for a while
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by farna
What wheels are you running or planning on using? Many come in dual bolt patterns, like the Weld Draglites I'm using. I had the same dilemma because my Rambler uses a 5x4.5" pattern like Ford and Mopar, but Jag uses the Chevy 5x4.75" pattern. You can't just redrill Jag IRS hubs either -- they require some machine work because the wheel studs just fit outside a lip on the inner side of the hub. So I just got wheels with dual patterns. I run the same size tire all around too. MY spare is a 5x4.5" pattern, so I'll have to change two tires if I get a flat on the back! Might buy another Draglite for the spare. A narrow wheel with a smallish tire would likely weigh no more than the steel "space saver" spare (from a Jeep Cherokee) I have now.
Not sure. Since I have to replace my Centerline Pro/Truck rims, it's back to the drawing board on that part. I just want to get the same pattern on the back as I now have on the front. No biggie, I'll just have the axles and drums drilled.
Thanks for the info.