Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ford dealer tells it like it is.
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 01:43 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjohnny
Well, I'll give you real incentive to go Ford. I own a car dealership. We're real careful about what we carry and put into customers' driveways. For example, we don't carry intrepids with 2.7L, Quad 4 vehicles with high mileage, we change intake gaskets on high mileage 3.1L and 3.4L GM's, nor do we carry a mazda 626 transmission, nor a Honda V6 transmission. Well, after this past year we don't carry Toyota or Honda anymore. Not because of the market, oh no, because of the money with throw into almost every one doing repairs. And guess what else, the infamous Ford Taurus headache has turned into one of our crown jewels. We rarely have major problems with 2001 and newer Taurus's.

Forgive me, oh foreign car fans, but you can't buy a brand new 1993 Camry, Corolla, or Civic that will go until you simply turn off the key. Oh, no, save money for a motor.

Good for you.It does sound like you know what to avoid.I,m a Honda mechanic.I would avoid any automatic accord or Odyssey from 1998-2002.Also the civics with the cvt.The rest,I really can,t think of any major problems.Good luck with your business.