Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ford dealer tells it like it is.
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 05:07 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Well, first of all, Barry, your t-bird is a jaguar. I'm sure you know that it has a 4.0L Jaguar V-8 that runs really good when it does. I'm also pretty sure that at least one of your coil packs have been changed along with valve cover gaskets and the like. And, if I'm not mistaken, that particular transmission is actually built in France. So much for it really being a Ford.

Now, I'm knocking, more specifically (as far as Toyota) their cars. You probably have an iron block in your Sequoia. That's great. I'm talking mainly about the aluminum blocks in the late model Toyota's (including the new Tundra) that don't seem to hold up nearly as well as the older generation Toyota's. I'm also talking about the the Rav4 Transmissions (definitely the 2002 L models) that had a recall on the transmission computers. These computers would, at some point, chew the transmission. Then, if you are over 75,000 miles, you have to pay for it, around $1000.00 plus the transmission. I'm also talking about the valve stem seals (that are probably in your Lexus) that like act as if they were meant to go in a Mitsubishi Montero Sport. Now it sounds like you run full synthetic, so you probably won't see the problem, but if you are a little lax with maintenance, maybe you will.

I'm also willing to bet that you can pick almost any Tahoe or Suburban driving by and put it agaiinst your Sequoia and it will win in just about all categories, including fuel efficiency, especially in cost of ownership.

Bottom line, you're right, I don't carry Lincoln LS's, New model T-Bird's, or any Jaguar on our lot.

Last edited by doctorjohnny; 12-14-2008 at 05:14 PM.