Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ford dealer tells it like it is.
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 06:28 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I understand that a lot of people are upset about the Auto Bailout situation. As an American I would be very upset to see all those jobs disappear and see any of the Detroit 3 companies go under.

Practically though you have to look at the situation. Cars are large purchases. People have gotten used to the better quality, reliability, fit and finish, and service of foreign makes. The Detroit 3 have lagged behind in almost all of those areas and their business models have been a complete disaster.

I'm not saying that a Toyota or Honda won't have problems at all! Cars are cars and some certainly will have problems no matter the make. Foreign makes quality control though is so much better and the chances of you getting a trouble free car are much lower. I speak from personal experience and of what my mechanic has told me. (He has 2 Chevy Trucks!)

People aren't willing to take chances on such larges purchases! That's just how it is. In today's climate the term "American Car" is much different that what it meant years ago.

Chinese GM Engine!
Chinese GM Engine!!!