Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (
-   Body - Exterior (
-   -   Ford door latches (

CaptnSkull 01-15-2003 02:19 PM

Ford door latches
I need to find the door latches that go onto the posts of a '55 ford wagon. All i can find is kits to go to door poppes. Help please

pasadenahotrod 01-15-2003 04:46 PM

First of all,we have a terminology problem.
The door latch assembly is the mechanism inside the door that the handles actuate to get you in and out of the car.
The door strikers or latch plates are the pieces on the door post that latch engages to hold the door closed. These should be available from Dennis Carpenter in Charlotte NC.

CaptnSkull 01-15-2003 07:22 PM

ok thank you very much. and thank on the clairification on the part that will make my search much easier

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.