Hot Rod Forum banner

ford f100

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Fasto44 
#1 ·
hi congrats for your forum my name is john i am new here and to hotrods i am from greece so you can understand here the garages are not familiar with hotrods i recently bring from germany a ford f100 1956 model can you help me with the details for tranforming it also i would like to know what engines i can put and where to find custom parts thank you

#2 ·
welcome john

that truck has a fairly large engine compartment, so pretty much any v8 will fit. it really depends on what available in your area. ford,chevy are the usual engines put in them.. going with a small block will give u a lot of room to work in with adding headers and stuff. what info u need is how much u want to spend, engines in your area. do u have access to a welder ?? might need it.. going with a ford 302 or 351W will be nice. automatic in the c4 or c6 should be plentyfull... but i don't know about greece

#10 ·
There are quite a few online parts suppliers selling parts for these trucks. Here are a few that I've used and could recommend. I particularly like NPD, but then they have a superstore about 20 miles from my house. GOod luck with your restoration.

MACs Antique Auto Parts - Classic & Antique Ford Parts - Macs Auto Parts, Ford Truck Parts Blue Oval Truck Parts, National Parts Depot | Restoring American History | Mustang Parts | Camaro Parts | Chevelle Parts | Ford Truck Parts | T-Bird Parts | Firebird Parts | Chevy Truck Parts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.