Ford Falcon Fuel Line Routing Help - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2010, 10:25 PM

Last journal entry: fan shield
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Ford Falcon Fuel Line Routing Help

Ok here goes I thought I could go from a rubber hose to a hard (5/16) line that would run the length of the car attached to the frame then to the pump, well in was told that in California there is a law stating that the line must be so many (?) inches off the deck and that means that the line must be run through the tranny tunnel or close to it. any ideas? I have no line run yet but will do so this coming week any help out there? oh btw if I do run it under the tunnel how do I attach it said tunnel?? Thanks guys btw I have a 2 door hardtop with a 302
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2010, 11:46 PM
More for Less Racer

The factory hard fuel line ran along the lip at the underside of where the floor pan and the rocker panel come together, on the drivers side, tucked right into that corner and clipped along the lip. Should be remnants of those clips there now, or screw holes. Why would the factory location not be acceptable?? All Ford unibody cars from the 60's and 70's ran the line in this same location.

I would never run a fuel or brake line in the driveshaft tunnel, if something fails like the driveshaft it could cut the line. If the line rubs a hole from vibration against the floor pan it could end up spraying fuel on the exhaust.

If you ever think about taking it to a drag strip it will not pass tech and will not be allowed to run as the rules forbid fuel lines in the driveshaft/transmission tunnel.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:04 AM

Last journal entry: fan shield
Last photo:

Thats *** I thought, but I had to make sure, when I see these fancy hot rods at the car shows the lines all run along the frame and are attached with some cool *** brackets- unless I hear otherwise I'm gonna run my fuel lines where you have suggested, and as I thought in the first place, Thank you

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.