Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (
-   Transmission - Rearend (
-   -   ford help needed (

Dave Lake 09-10-2012 11:20 AM

ford help needed
hello i have a 1967 289 that i want to mate a 1990 5 speed that was behind a 300 6 what fly wheel do i need and what clutch do i need, wheres the best place to buy the parts, thanks dave

monster76 09-10-2012 12:30 PM

as far as flywheel order the factory flywheel for a 67 289 they should be a 28oz imbalance and the input shaft should be the same 10 spline so you should be able to use a factory clutch as far as engaging the clutch you are probably going to have to use the f150 stuff which i think is hydraulic or maybe you can source all the linkages and make them work on that trans

Dave Lake 09-10-2012 12:36 PM

thank you , thats what i did the flywheel bolts up jest find, but the clutch cover doesent,the three allinment pins on the fly wheel are ok but the bolt holes are off ? any help would be apperishated. thanks Dave

OneMoreTime 09-10-2012 02:31 PM

You need the clutch cover that matches to your in if you have the correct 67 flywheel you need a 67 clutch cover..The aftermarket clutch guys can help you with that piece..


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.