Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ford Inline 6 4.9L with only 145 hp?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 09:09 PM

Last journal entry: 4.9(+?)L Upgrade detuned engine!
Wiki Edits: 0

All Right Thanks for All the Replies!!!

First, what year is it and what is it in? Injected or carbed?

Ok sorry, forgot some of the most important info - as I said I don't have a lot of experience. I'm sure glad y'all have all this info for me! It's a 1992 Ford F-150 w/EFI.

~

This engine has a lot of potential, the 145 hp rating reflects a very mild tune and a lot of emission-ization.

That's what I was told every since I got it in 2002, and it runs really good for over 200,000 miles. I figured it was held back coming from 92. I finally took the muffler off before it fell off from all the rust working down here on the coast at the Naval base in Pascagoula. It's only got the converter, the manifold, and some rust

You can do a lot with these, and they are torquey, good for street and truck applications.

That's what I was hoping, I sure want to do a lot with it. As much as I can afford that is. It'll run with most cars even some 8s.

Most of us that have had similar vehicles with the 300 cid 6 and the 302 V8 preferred the 6.

I've always really loved it myself.