Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ford Transmission Problem
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 05:58 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Ford Transmission Problem

Hey Guys,
Having some issues with my wifes '07 Explorer. Problem originally began upon start up, if you put the car in reverse or drive and hit the gas the motor would rev and then slam into gear. The problem has escaladed to where if you are driving it and come to a stop at a light it will do the same thing, not every time but definately more than I would like. Once it has done this at initial acceleration it shifts fine and seems like it is functioning perfect. Since this started we had a trans flush done but nothing changed. I was concerned it is a torque converter issue but like I said it does not do it all the time and it doesn't seem to slip into gear, it's almost like if you drop shifted into gear from nuetral with the gas pedal depressed. It was suggested to me that the range sensor would cause this so I figured before I go spending any money that I'd run it by you guys and see what you thought. Hope everyone is having a happy holiday season and thank you for any info and help.

-Jamie