Hot Rod Forum banner

Ford V6 HP

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Vberg 
#1 ·
So a kid from my school keeps talking smack about how his 1991 Ford Mustang has a v6 with over 900 hp. He won't tell anyone what he did to it except that it has a $2,000 turbo and he won't let me take a look under the hood. All he talks about is how much hp it has and how much he spent on it. So my (stupid) question is, is it even possible to build a stock 1991 ford v6 into an over 900 hp monster for $10,000?

#3 ·
Thanks for the help!

This kid won't let anyone even hear it idle or check under the hood so I wasn't sure how likely it would be that he could achieve that much power. And the $10,000 I'm sure was way over his budget seeing as we are all in high school!

As long as it isn't likely he could do that I'm not guna believe it till I see it run!

#5 ·
Don't let that type of crap bother you! High School is full of Bozo's like that....And no, he does not a 900 HP car. Think about it, If any kid in high school had a 900 HP car, he wouldn't talk about it, he would be showing it off, burn-outs, donuts, etc. Kids in high school with their 200 HP cars do burn outs. He is just a fool who want's attention...

#7 ·
You would need much more supporting parts than just the turbo to hit 1000 hp in that motor. Those mods would be to strengthen the assembly and to allow more air flow than the stock motor would allow. For $10000, I don't think it's possible without creating a gernade. I mean it might hit that on a dyno for a few pulls but there is no way it will stay together for any length of time. There are many people hitting the 1000 hp mark in that series of Mustang but they are V8 powered...turbo Ford mod motor or LSx Chevrolet for instance. Those two motors are able to make that kind of power with a turbo because they already have a foundation for strength and air flow that the Essex V6 can't approach. And yes...it's not a typo. You would be surprised at the number of LSx powered Mustangs out there.

#9 ·
Yeah this kids been talking smack to the rest of us that don't have the money to do something crazy fast. But hey now that I know his car most likely doesn't have that much power I may have to get him to run against one of the low budget cars at my school.... 400 sbc nova vs. v6 stang? May be a good time!

Thanks for all the info guys! I appreciate it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.