Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ford vs Chevy question
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 12:21 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Opinions are like *** holes everybody has one. I say if you like the GM brand buy it, if you like Ford get it. Your the one paying for it dont let anybody steer you in any dirrection. Get the one you want.
There all about the same now days, maintenance is the key to the longevity.

I'm a parts department manager in a GMC dealership and I personally like the GMC over the Chevy due to the exterior looks, but the running gear is all the same. I've liked GM since I started driving and not because it was my first car, I had a VW bug first.
What I've believed for years is that the Ford trucks worked better off road and the GM trucks worked better on road but now they have pretty much the same suspension in the front and rear that they're pretty even. Ford trucks out sells GM trucks in Texas but I've always felt it was the price that was doing it because the GM trucks were a little to expensive for most truck owners.
I know our local Ford dealer parts department is always buzzin and there service drive is always full where ours is a slower pace. That would lead me to believe that there breaking down more often but the Ford guys would say thats because there's more Ford trucks on the road. I do know one thing for a fact, our warranty part sales are down for the 2005 year about 4.6% but our new truck sales are up 17%.
So like I say buy what you like and dont listen to anybody else, unless of coarse your parents make that decission for you.

Last edited by engineczar; 09-30-2005 at 09:41 AM.