Formula 1 U.S. Grand Prix - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2005, 06:03 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Formula 1 U.S. Grand Prix

I only live about 30 miles away from IMS and seriously considered going to the F1 race. I'm very glad I didn't, what a joke. FIA blames Michelin who blames FIA. For all the millions of dollars that were spent, some kind of compromise should have been worked out. People came to Indy from, literally, all over the world and were treated to bickering and blaming and a six car race. Before the race I heard F1 fans ridiculing Nascar,IRL,Cart and every other form of racing along with the backward Hoosiers who had the gall to even have a Nascar race at such a revered place as the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. That being said, I do hope this is not the end of F1 in America. From what I've heard, there has been trouble brewing between the teams and FIA anyway and it just happened to come to a head here. There are a lot of people wanting,demanding refunds, and rightfully so. Tony George gave 15 million dollars to FIA to have the race here and his only income from it is ticket sales. All other revenue coming from vendors,television advertising and everything else goes to FIA. I personally think F1 and Michelin should finance the refunds. Did anyone else watch, or does anyone else even care about Formula one?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2005, 06:11 PM

Last photo:

Sorry, I didn't see the other post.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:09 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

F1 ia a joke and has been for a number of years. It's all about money, politics and power, especially when it comes to Bernie Ecellestone. I don't or care to watch it.

Budget RVs
Old 06-20-2005, 08:34 PM

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ DITTO

The only good thing that has come out of F1 is some of the technology that has been developed there-ABS,traction control,sequential shifters-primarily electronic devices that take driver variables out of the picture-and have made it safer for the non-drivers on our highways.
In my opinion,the fact that the F1 builders have gone to such lengths to eliminate driver talent and replace it with electronics speaks volumes about the series.The champion in 10 years may very well be a chimpanzee!
JMHO,George

One thing I do find interesting-watch the tachometer telemetry-20,000PM!
The best NASCAR can do is 9500!

Last edited by Fast Orange; 06-20-2005 at 09:05 PM.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:17 PM
Hammer and a torch

Last photo:

Quote:
One thing I do find interesting-watch the tachometer telemetry-20,000PM!

Yea but they dont make 1,000 HP per cylinder that Top Fuel makes plus the sound of gut shaking thunder (Both Nascar & NHRA/IHRA does)

More like a bee hive thats just plain pi$$ed off...
Old 06-21-2005, 12:02 AM
wind & fire = guides to power

Last photo:

They need to remove the Trac Control & ABS from the cars.

The problem the other day was (claimed to be) the tires.

So we have two tire manufactures so they compete with each other and push the limits of technology. Two tire teams in a sense. Should they be like NASCAR and all run one tire? That would stifle creative juices and technological advancements.

Sure, in a sense, they shat on us be we shat right back. To drive the nail in the coffin we need an f1 team of our own. To dominate f1 the way Ferrari had. The window of opportunity is open right now, let us seize the moment!
Old 06-22-2005, 11:25 AM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

i would rather watch F1 than just about any other kind of car racing other than nascar at watkins glen or like this week-end at Sear Point. road racing is always better than a circle jerk. esp in the rain. i think driver talant is alot more critical on a road race course than going round and round. for one thing, you have to have some kind of memory to memorize the track. i like lots of other kinds of racing, ralley etc. i love drag racing even tho you barely even need a steering wheel. but speaking of F1, the F1 BIKES are coming back to the usa for the first time in a long time at Laguna-Seca this year. they are there on a sunday with Sport Bikes racing on Sat. wish i was there. as for an F-1 race being at Indy, i don't much like flat road race courses. the F-1's should have booked watkins glen, laguna seca or sears point or road atlanta or ANYWHERE ELSE
Old 06-23-2005, 04:18 PM
Love your nails! You must be a Libra

Last photo:

it was a sad sight and i couldn't believe what i was watching. part of the problem is the tire regulations. i don't see how 2 sets of tires is enough for a whole weekend. i heard the michelin teams were prepared to race with a chicane, even if it meant no points. if they were prepared to race and still not get points, then they should have just used the new tires that michelin flew in but the FIA wouldn't let them use by threat of expulsion. i can understand not compromising the bridgestone's teams' efforts, but there could have been a better solution. the FIA is a dictator and i can understand there response with regard to working within the rules, but in this instance (only because of the fragility of the American F1 market) they should have loosened up a bit and let them race somehow. all they had to do was make a compromise so the michelin teams would be on the track, but only allow points for bridgestone cars.

JB

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.