Hot Rod Forum banner

Fourth Generation of nline car art

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Uncle Terry 
#1 · (Edited)
Fourth Generation of Online car art

OK, i got some new markers for christmas, and ive managed to change my car drawings hugely. I think they've improved massively, but id like to know what you all think. Obviously the first thing i had to draw was a rod. So here she is.
The second vehicle was just a bit of fun with litlle effort, but gave suprisingly good results. Just thought someone here might be interested in some custom metal...

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
You mark up the darker tones first, and then dimply shade the rest with pencils. The markers are cheap Fibracolour ones. They're not strictly markers, thy're more like them brush ended felt tips. They are basically felts but are capable of covering more area than some marker pens in one stroke. I'm still trying to get used to them as they take a bit of skill to create smooth colour. Needless to say i'll post some more up here when ive mastered them properly. I feel these pictures are better than my older ones (also on the site). It helps by looking at the automotive illustrations of Steve Kirk whose car drawings used to be published in a well known British Hot Rod magazine. I was attemptig to get some pictures looking like his especially with the orange rod. Anyone know his work?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.