frame builder referrals? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2002, 12:18 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Post frame builder referrals?

Hello
I sam building a 35 ford pickup. It's a fiberglass reproduction with a 15 inch stretched cab. Since I am building it from scratch I need to find a frame builder.

Can anyone please give me some referrals to good frame builders. I am looking for a rolling chasis. IFS is a must. Although cost is very important, it comes in second to quality and safety.

Any information anyone can provide would be appreciated. I am in MInnesota, so the closer to home the better. Shipping is always an option.
thanks
Jon
:-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2002, 12:56 PM
Toy builder

Last photo:

Bob at proggressive would be my first call. http://www.progressiveautomotive.com/ 740-862-4696 When i dont have time to build one for a customer i have Bob do it. He builds some good stuff and is very easy to talk to. His motto is there are NO stupid questions. he is in Ohio so it is not to bad.

[ April 07, 2002: Message edited by: Phat ]</p>
Old 04-23-2002, 10:20 PM

there are several builders between Madison,Wis and Oregon,ILL mostly around Rockford,ILL give me a couple days and I can get you names and numbers
Old 05-09-2002, 04:20 AM

You should also check out Art Morrisson I've used their complete chassis and suspention setups and everything was exactly like it was suppose to be. no matter who you buy from get every thing from one supplier(Chassis,suspention and steering etc.)to insure that everything fits to gether properly and if there is a problem you only have to deal with one company otherwise each could be blameing the other for something that does not fit.
Old 05-09-2002, 04:37 AM

just wanted to add art morrison's ph# 1-800-929-7188 or check out their web site at <a href="http://www.artmorrison.com" target="_blank">www.artmorrison.com</a> .I've had them build a custom chassiss for me I got everything except the wheels and tires including Wilwood polished disc brakes front and rear,9"rear wwwwww/4.56 and detroit locker,4 link rear and independent front end all with coil overs and much more,even got the fuel cell from them and all for just about 10 grand and everything fit together perfectly aand they will build to your specs I can't say they are the best if you looking for a set of gennie 32 rails but for a pro streeter or fat bodied car they would be My first choice
Old 05-09-2002, 03:13 PM

jon, i live in minneapolis and belong to MN. StreetRod Asso. (MSRA). there are several companies in the local area that may be of help to you. if interested, email me and i can give you some info.

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.