Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Is this frame damage hopeless?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 11:15 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Is this frame damage hopeless?

Well, I've went back and forth between a number of plans for getting new projects over the past few months, but in the end, nothing has panned out. Back to square one.

This is my 72 Oldsmobile Cutlass. It's engine threw a rod and toasted the entire rocket 350. I pulled it, built a new engine putting out a bunch more power, and only after all that, did I discover the frame damage the car had.

Can anyone help? Is this fixable with any kind of extra tying together of the frame along with patching?

This first pic is the body so you can see why I desperately want to make this work, and then I'll post a few pics of the frame damage. It's hood is set on by just one hinge, it has no engine, and a bad frame, but other than that, it's not too bad, huh?

To sum it up: I'd be willing to put a basically stock chevy or olds 350 in if it meant I could use this car without swapping the frame. The afr 383 can wait for another project when I have more cash.