Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - frame swap for 1950 chevy truck
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 06:24 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks

Thanks, that's a great idea but some one stole my "A" frame and at this point I have no idea where to buy a replacement. Also prefab IFS and IRS suspension are very expensive. At this time I am not financially able to go in that direction.
I have my cab,fenders and hood in my garage so maybe if I have to wait a few years to do the frame swap (until I can get the money) looks like I may have to do that. But I just thought there was a cheaper way to buy a frame that would work that had front and rear suspension that I could modify. I am willing to do the work but I don't have the weiding skills or fabracation tools to do the job.
I have done Cad drafter for over 5 years and computer graphic design for over 18 years. I have a good understanding of designing, but I just don't have the weilding skills to do the work myself. I have even thought about buying a how-to book on building a custome frame or maybe someone has a blue print of a good design I could use to build a frame. I was also thinking that I could find a short bed chevy frame that has front and rear disc brakes and modify it to fit the cab and the fenders of the truck. I'm sure I could find someone here in Dallas TX to do the weilding for me.

Again thanks for your help and if you know of anyone or any place I might could purchase a custom chassis blueprint design and specs for my 1950 please drop me a line.

Thanks again,
In Christ Care
Truck 1950