Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - frame swap for 1950 chevy truck
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 08:16 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks OneMoreTime

That's very encouraging, also I have a friend at work who has a new welding machine he never uses much and said I could use it anytime I wanted to, and I'm sure he has a drill press and grinders.
What I don't know is what kind and size metal do I buy. I know the wheel base of the 50 pu up is 116" and some where I have the track width. I can lay out the design at work for I have a Cad program I use every day. If I can just get all the specs right I can design the frame. But again I don't know if I sure use tubing or some kind angle iron, for I have seen then done both ways in the truck magazines I buy.

I really like the tubing design frames but I will have to use whatever is best for my budget. Can you give me any information on what kind of metal I should use. I use to work as and Electrical Sub-Station construction helper so I know how to bend pipe. I am very good with my hands and I have a very good understanding of measuring and angle knowledge on how thing should go together.

But I don't know about the strength of metals and what types will carry a cab,finders, hood and bed.

Again thanks for you guys help and if you have more insights on the metal I need to buy and where to buy it, I would greatly appreciate it. I look forward to hearing from all who can help.

Thanks to all
In Christ Care
Truck1950