Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - frame swap for 1950 chevy truck
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 05:58 PM
A Half Crippled Old SOB....

Last wiki edit: GM RPO build codes Last photo:
Location: Cahokia,IL..... Donate Blood Products & Sign your DONORS CARD
Wiki Edits: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
Your better off using a nova clip then a s-10, It's much easier to put a sbc in a nova.You will have to run the s-10 headers, With the s-10 clip.I have pics of a 58 Chevy truck I did with a nova clip in my album.Also my 57 Chevy car I did with a Camaro clip.I have done several clips last year,and I prefer to use the nova clip.It is also narrower then the Camaro.

MMMMM, I have a 425 Caddy mtr sitting on my S10 frame thats under my 1ton Panel/Bus body. I had to move it forward to clear the firewall & all I had to do is fab up some brackets to weld to the frame & it is sitting low in the frame rails. I was able to use the stock Caddy mtr mounts & still was able to run the stock exhaust manifolds even though the 425 Caddy mtr is about 6inches wider then a SBC mtr w/o any problems.
The only reason you would have to run S10 headers is IF you used the stock 2.8 mtr mounts w.a V8 in a S10. Make up your own mount set-up using SBC mtr mounts, that way you don't have to by any of the V8 S10 kit garbage, heck that's why we have welders, cutting torches & other tools isn't it???? The worst part of a S10 swap is the front tires need to stick out about 2 inches further (tall spindle swap or offset rims fixes that)and you should use the S10 4x4 rearend to clear everything in the rear...joe

Last edited by TooMany2count; 04-07-2008 at 06:02 PM. Reason: add more junk