Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - frame swap for 1950 chevy truck
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMany2count
MMMMM, I have a 425 Caddy mtr sitting on my S10 frame thats under my 1ton Panel/Bus body. I had to move it forward to clear the firewall & all I had to do is fab up some brackets to weld to the frame & it is sitting low in the frame rails. I was able to use the stock Caddy mtr mounts & still was able to run the stock exhaust manifolds even though the 425 Caddy mtr is about 6inches wider then a SBC mtr w/o any problems.
The only reason you would have to run S10 headers is IF you used the stock 2.8 mtr mounts w.a V8 in a S10. Make up your own mount set-up using SBC mtr mounts, that way you don't have to by any of the V8 S10 kit garbage, heck that's why we have welders, cutting torches & other tools isn't it???? The worst part of a S10 swap is the front tires need to stick out about 2 inches further (tall spindle swap or offset rims fixes that)and you should use the S10 4x4 rearend to clear everything in the rear...joe
Sorry but I have be doing this for a long time,And never seen no one put a reg. set of headers in a S-10.And yes it can be done but you will have to cut them up and remake them.All the clips I have done work out great,And don't have to try to cram a sbc into a s-10 frame.Plus my tires will not be 10'' inside the fenders. This is a camaro in a 57 Chevy frame.

P.S. I don't buy anything I can make myself!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0919.jpg
Views:	1598
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	29106