Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - frame swap for 1950 chevy truck
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 08:37 PM
A Half Crippled Old SOB....

Last wiki edit: GM RPO build codes Last photo:
Location: Cahokia,IL..... Donate Blood Products & Sign your DONORS CARD
Wiki Edits: 5

Ok I have reread the complete post 4 times & up until I read your post no one mentioned headers until you did. You said, "You will have to run the s-10 headers, With the s-10 clip. Who's to say they HAD to run the S10 V8 convertion stuff or even headers. I guess they couldn't make up their own mtr mount kit and run (rear-dump) stock manifolds like myself, only difference is I'm running a Caddy mtr instead of a SBC & heck mine mtr is even wider, running stock manifolds & the drivers side is a center dump on top of it && it fits.

I'd also loved to know where you can up w/the "10" inside the fenders" garbage. On my own w/a 8" rim all I have is about 4" on inside clearance. I did say that was one of the drawbacks to this swap, did I not?? . I'm doing a tall spindle swap which will push a 12" rotor out about 2". I need at least 2 or so inches of clearance since my tires are tucked up inside my fenders. For myself & countless other this swap has worked fine.

And I'm sorry we're talking about 2 different trucks this poster has a 50 Chevy & you have a 57 Chevy, 2 "completely" different trucks in every way shape & form, nothing is the same other then it's brand name "Chevrolet" not even the width of the suspension.