Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Frame swap
Thread: Frame swap
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2004, 08:31 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Trader,
I feel your pain! I am trying to do the same thing to a '59 Chevy short bed step side pickup! I am new to the Hotrodders bulletin board as well. We can follow each others' listing. Hopefully something will turn up for what we are seeking. I too thought that I would find a knowledge source on this bulletin board for someone that has already completed such a project. Certainly it is much easier to listen to the voice of experience before replicating mistakes that someone else has already made. I have found some vehicles with the same wheelbase dimensions, but I have not been able to find any information regarding the vehicle track width. Someone gave me the advice of "getting-out the tape measure and start measuring in a salvage yard". Although this is practical advice it is probably not the most efficient. This is where the person that has already done this project, whether swapping rolling chassis or front clips, would be invaluable for their specific, experienced advice. Good luck in your quest and with your project.