View Single Post
Old 04-29-2003, 06:01 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

Trader....

I was not trying to discourage you nor hinder you from your dream. Your dream can be done but it will take money, time, a place , tools and a lot of determination.

I took this 55 Chevrolet off it's frame and put it on another 55 Chevrolet frame (nonrusted) over 25 years ago. Just putting it back on the stock frame is not for a novice IF you want everything to fit. Fenders, doors and all of that have to be fitted back (keep in mind it was a stock but different frame).

I started with a stock original 1932 Ford frame and no body pieces and found every piece (original 32 Ford sheet metal) for this car. It was all made it all fit.

I am a hands on Rodder. Not a drugstore magazine reading mechanic. I made my living at a GM dealership years ago. I was a line service tech.

I suggest going to a few shows.....preferably truck shows.... and looking at some finished trucks (55-59) like yours. See what others have done and HOW IT TURNED OUT. See what they used and why. Narrowing a rear axle to keep the tires from rubbing is not a problem but narrowing the front IS.

IF you can cut, weld good enough to trust your life on it and fabricate..... and one of your friends is a body man to align all the pieces.........you might make it.

I truly HOPE SO.

Deuce Roadster.

"I won't be wronged . I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. "