Hot Rod Forum banner

frames?

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Good Frosty 
#1 ·
i have acces to a 32 ford pickup body and cab....i dont have all the time or the money in the world so i was thinking about throwing it on an s10 frame...so i got brakes tires stearing motor ect...i am just not sure how it looks is the frame to wide? does the body cover it up???do you have to do any thing to the wheel base?

#2 ·
:welcome: WELCOME to Hotrodders.com :welcome:

As a Moderator here and a long time 32 Ford owner ... I want to be the first to WELCOME you ... :)

The above is a blueprint of a 1932 Ford frame ... as you can see ... it looks NOTHING like a S-10 Chassis ...
IMHO ... the 32 Cab will be too narrow to fit on the S-10 chassis.

You are WELCOME to look at my photo journal ... that has 1932 Ford frame construction photos ...

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?action=view&journalid=3880&page=1&reverse=1

#3 ·
Here is a couple of pics of an aborted S10/29 Ford swap... This is NOT pretty in my book.

I can't remember where I got the pics from but I saved them just to be able to show what it would look like.
Mark

#6 ·
astroracer said:
Here is a couple of pics of an aborted S10/29 Ford swap... This is NOT pretty in my book.

I can't remember where I got the pics from but I saved them just to be able to show what it would look like.
Mark
I stole them from ebay about 2-months ago :D

Anyway, that frame wouldn't look too bad, if it was on some kind of open-wheeled...Caterham type car. The (framehorns?) need to be sawed off, because they just look clunky, atleast the engine is sitting back behind the wheels, which helps it alot, compared to some other "Rats" I've seen built on S-10 frames without fenders.

But the frame definetly dosn't fit the car, it sticks out way too much at the cowl, and would just mess up a good 32' body. It wouldn't be too horrible if a body was scratch built for the frame, but, I would just do it "right"...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.