Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Free Body Diagrams
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 02:40 AM

Last wiki edit: How to document your project
Last journal entry: 1949 Olds -- Rotisserie, pt. 9
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShope
Well, I hope that has taken the mystery out of anti-dive suspensions. As I said, I had planned on a post covering anti-squat, which is, perhaps, a bit easier to understand.
It does remove some of the mystery, though I will have to do some more scribbling to get it all straight in my head. I appreciate you taking the time to change a diagram into words and simplifying for clarity. Sorry about interrupting the sequence. It's just that I had posted a rather naive explanation of anti-dive in another thread just about a day before, hoping some suspension engineer would come along and correct it.

Please, continue with the anti-squat description! Understanding how these forces interact definitely helps understand the how's and why's of the parts and their designs.

(BTW, when I saw the title of the thread, I almost passed it by. Then I saw the author and knew it wasn't about 'Get your FREE! Body Diagrams here -- just $19.95 shipping!' )