Hot Rod Forum banner

French nostalgia dragster

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Don Lyon 
#1 ·
I know we have some representation from hotrodders in Western Europe, but not many from France.

I thought our members would find this photo set interesting. It's of the "Salty Bug" by the Flat Bangers crew in Brach, France circa 1990.

Here's some intro text, courtesy of Jalopnik.com:

I scanned and uploaded a pile of pics taken 15 years ago when a bunch of friends decided to go « barn door engineering » on a lo-profile beetle dragster. The feasibility study was done on an Amiga 500 computer in my bedroom using a paint-like software. The finished product was intended to raise interest in “nostalgia drag racing” in a country – France – were all the available drag strips have curves and corners.
The photo set is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/43831522@N00/sets/72057594081900841/show/

#3 ·
Overseas Rodding

Very interesting. Several years ago while working in England,I spotted some sort of street rod passing thru a small village, later saw it parked at a local pub. Went in and inquired as to owner etc, was introduced and got a lesson in overseas rodding.It was a Poplar or Popular,English built Ford, similar to an Anglia. Modified 4 banger, 5 speed, big'n'littles,wider glass fenders on the rear. Owner was builder and an MOT inspector.Told me how difficult and expensive it was to build a car under their laws. Invited me to a show / cruise a few miles up the road, and I was impressed, to say the least. Neat to see what other folks do and what they have to contend with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.