Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Fresh 383 burns up pistons
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 04:32 PM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by techinspector1 View Post
Being an old guy and having been around the block a couple of times, I see this a little differently than others on this board. I see you as an irresponsible "TAKER" like so many others in present day society. If you had any integrity or honor, you'd pony up for the fix on this motor instead letting the builder do the repairs and eat up all his profits from the job. If you're claiming you couldn't hear this motor detonate, you're a liar. Did you tell the builder that you altered the ignition timing? I'm bettin' no.

If I were the builder, I'd tell you to go pizz up a rope.
Tech must be in a bad mood today..

It kinda looks like it was built a little to tight and when it knocked a little it fried it. Not all builders bore the cylinders the same size. I bet they are under spec so the builder ate the cost.

Also do you have one of those silly rv cams. Go bigger i know its a truck but a little bigger will help save the new engine. Maybe even run this by the builder and pay for the cam upgrade will solve a lot of issues. I am reallly hoping he did not build a 383 with the stock 350 cam.