Fresh Air Supply - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2004, 06:17 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Fresh Air Supply

Has anyone every considered using an oxygen cylinder to supply oxygen to a mask, like ones used for medical purposes? As I was reading the posts I thought it maybe a good idea but thought I'd get some more input before trying it... what do you guys think?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2004, 09:01 PM
PAINter

Last photo:

I use a fresh air machine when I paint, but the only thing I hate about it is I have to drag around an xtra hose....

I feel that a fresh air mask is a whole lot better than a throw away, but you can't see what your doing as well as you can if you don't have the plastic sheild in front of you. imho
Old 03-21-2004, 10:45 PM

so just regular hook ups like you NEEDED them the breathe would work just fine? have the medical masks that come with it that cover your mouth/nose? I just wondered cause you can get a small set up like that for 100 bucks, but an actual fresh air system runs like 400 dollars? but I guess you would never have to refill there systems like you would the oxygen cylinders.
Old 03-22-2004, 10:36 AM

Last photo:

SATA makes a really neat fresh air system. it consists of a water trap/activated charcoal oil+solvent filter with integral regulator, you wear it on a waist belt and hook up your paint gun to it.

i know its alot of money, but you get rid of the extra hoze, you get 100% clean, oilless ans dry air for painting and it doesnt rely on compressed air bottlesSATA system
Old 03-22-2004, 04:33 PM

see the thing is I can get an oxygen cylinder for work, and have relatives that have all the hookups, so thats why I was going this route, I was just wondering if it would for sure work like if the masks where tight enough and what not.... I'm sure I could rig something up, just wondered if anyone else had ever used this method.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:06 PM
point on positive

Last photo:

Crank up the flow and it'll work, better to have to much than not enough. just lose the little bag, plug that hole and good to go I used this method but with scuba air not pure oxygen...
Old 03-22-2004, 09:35 PM

are there any regulations or anything as to getting those oxygen cylinders filled? I mean can I just buy one and then take it somewhere and have it filled up? don't ahve to have any papers saying I need it to live or something crazy? Just thought I should find out before I buy one, makes sense I think
Old 03-22-2004, 11:32 PM
point on positive

Last photo:

Did you see this thread? http://www.hotrodders.com/showthread...threadid=33243
Old 03-23-2004, 09:52 AM

Last photo:

as long as you use a mask with a valve to exhale through, like on filter half masks all the air you inhale will come from the supplies side, so weather you use a SATA regulator, Scuba tanks or oxygen cylinders you should be fine. you might considder jerry-rigging a filter mask to draw air from a plastic bag, that gets filled by your clean air sourceso you can turn down the flow alittle. also try and swing into the local hospital and get a disposable oxygen humidifier (its a plastic tank with water in it that the air or oxugen boubles through so your throat and sinuses dont dry out) it shouldnt cost more than 20 bucks. they might also have a mask with hose and bag attached...

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.