Fresh base\clear paint and now need oem pinstripe - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2005, 11:46 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Fresh base\clear paint and now need oem pinstripe

I just refreshed my 94' Dodge Ram two tone primary being emerald green with secondary being driftwood center band and am looking for oem or if not oem then its same color scheme pin stripe which is three colors aqua is outer color and middle is baby blue.. oem was all one piece and straddles \ covers the top where the centerband meets the top.

I contacted the dodge dealer and they did have it but was told it cost $200 per side. Can anybody please confirm this or clue me in where I can find a 1 piece either 3/4 or 7/8 wide triband pin stripe that came on this truck. I can't see spending roughly the same on pin striping than I did my entire 2 stage base\clear paint job.

Thanks,
Rick

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2005, 11:59 PM

Last photo:

re : Dodge stripes

Hey Rick ,
I used to work for a Dodge dealer , and the ONLY way to perfectly match a Dodge truck stripe is to buy OEM . Yeah , I know the price is absolutely insane , but they've got you over a barrel on this one . I'll tell you though , that if you go to a supplier that handles 3M brand stripe tape , they may have something similar ,not identical ,but similar . The 3M stripe catalog has a lot of different multi color / multi stripe stripe tape options , and who knows , you may find something you'ld like better . Or , maybe check with a shop that does vinyl graphics in your area , they may have an even BETTER idea !
Rick
Old 10-09-2005, 08:28 AM

Thanks, yeah I was considering 3M and with OEM costing so much really doesn't leave me any choice so 3M it is.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:40 AM
Technician

Last wiki edit: Epoxy primer
Wiki Edits: 17

Well, there are guys who make their living duplicating factory stripes for body shops. You just have to track one down. I bet you could get something pretty close.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:47 AM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Vinyl sign guy

I had some stripes done by a vinyl sign guy for that exact reason..needed just enough to do a tailgate on a pickup and all the dealer could do is a complete kit for like big bucks..worked out well and the new stripes were so close that looked as good as anything else that could be done..

OMT

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.