Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodders Site Suggestions and Help (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodders-site-suggestions-help/)
-   -   "Friends" (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/friends-228327.html)

MARTINSR 01-13-2013 08:40 AM

"Friends"

Ok, I am clueless, I did a little search and don't know the right words so of course "Friend", I get seven thousand threads.

I have had people ask to be my "Friend" here on Hotrodder.com. I accept of course, I DO want to be their friend. :D But wasn't I before? :rolleyes: :confused:

I am confused, what in the living hell is going to happen different now that I am their "Friend". Do they get special notices when I have extra money they can borrow? :pain:

Brian

cobalt327 01-13-2013 09:16 AM

I suspect it's similar to why we have a thanks button: "Its just another way of interacting with each other."

All I know is, if someone's brave (or foolish?) enough to want to be known as MY friend, the least I can do is gladly accept.:D

MARTINSR 01-13-2013 09:18 AM

But other than saying "I enjoy interacting with you" does it really DO anything? I don't get any notifications when my "Friends" post in a thread I haven't or anything like that, I can't see that it does anything.

Brian

NEW INTERIORS 01-13-2013 09:22 AM

Just be glade someone asked to be your friend..:D

MARTINSR 01-13-2013 09:33 AM

I am Randy, I treasure contact from other humans in a positive way, it is one of life's true treasures.

Brian

NEW INTERIORS 01-13-2013 09:43 AM

Well your thread seems like you look at it different then your saying..
If you really treasure it.. don't start griping about it.. If your mad because the count isn't as high as YOU would want it... Like the thank you.. Give it time.. It might get there one day..:D

I guess what I'm trying to say is,, Just like the thank you's,, you earn them over time.. Some you will, Some you wont..

I treasure friendship... More so when someone asked to be my friend... That means more to me then anything... Good freinds are hard to find,, And sometimes you find out some was never your friend in the first place..;)

Find Out Who Your Friends Are - YouTube

poncho62 01-13-2013 09:48 AM

I think your friends list is used so you can contact them easier....You go to your profile, click on the icon of that friend, which goes to his profile, where you can leave a message.....I guess.

Other than that.....I dont know

NEW INTERIORS 01-13-2013 09:52 AM

It's also a very good reminder that you have friends that care..:thumbup:

MARTINSR 01-13-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS (Post 1634270)
Well your thread seems like you look at it different then your saying..
If you really treasure it.. don't start griping about it.. If your mad because the count isn't as high as YOU would want it... Like the thank you.. Give it time.. It might get there one day..:D

I guess what I'm trying to say is,, Just like the thank you's,, you earn them over time.. Some you will, Some you wont..

I treasure friendship... More so when someone asked to be my friend... That means more to me then anything... Good freinds are hard to find,, And sometimes you find out some was never your friend in the first place..;)

Find Out Who Your Friends Are - YouTube

Randy, I understand that as I pointed it out it I DO want to be their friend and I that relationship is NOT what I am talking about,I am asking a question about the functions of the forum not my interaction with humans.

Brian

NEW INTERIORS 01-13-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTINSR (Post 1634237)
I am confused, what in the living hell is going to happen different now that I am their "Friend". Do they get special notices when I have extra money they can borrow? :pain:

Brian

If I was your friend and read this.... I wouldn't take it to well... This is what don't look good... But then again I wouldn't have started the thread in the first place..Hope you uderstand what I'm getting at..

A person wakes up and reads this.. And wonders who p**** in your coffee..:D

boothboy 01-13-2013 10:36 AM

Actually I was considering signing up as one of your friends. The plan was to wait two weeks and then hit you up for $50 bucks. Probably won't work now, huh?

BB :thumbup:

MARTINSR 01-13-2013 11:56 AM

Dear God, Randy you don't take ANYTHING well!

I don't think I need to say this, I think most ANYONE with even the tiniest inkling of understanding who I am would understand what I mean with this question I have asked but just in case I want to make clear.

To my fellow board members and friends who have became my "Friend" by way of hitting a button here on the forum I APPRECIATE it and I appreciate that you would hit that button. If you don't hit the button I STILL appreciate you and your contribution to my day as I come here and visit you guys here at Hotrodders.

Brian

MARTINSR 01-13-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boothboy (Post 1634291)
Actually I was considering signing up as one of your friends. The plan was to wait two weeks and then hit you up for $50 bucks. Probably won't work now, huh?

BB :thumbup:

I have it in my pocket to drop it in the mail if you need it BB. For that matter, I have a paypal account and could get it to you in seconds if you need it. :thumbup:

Brian

NEW INTERIORS 01-13-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTINSR (Post 1634329)
Dear God, Randy you don't take ANYTHING well!

I don't think I need to say this, I think most ANYONE with even the tiniest inkling of understanding who I am would understand what I mean with this question I have asked but just in case I want to make clear.

To my fellow board members and friends who have became my "Friend" by way of hitting a button here on the forum I APPRECIATE it and I appreciate that you would hit that button. If you don't hit the button I STILL appreciate you and your contribution to my day as I come here and visit you guys here at Hotrodders.

Brian

I did take it well..:D
Just saying.. Someone could take that different then I did.... :mwink:

crownver 01-13-2013 12:11 PM

Well Martinsr, I understand where you're coming from. I don't understand the friend thing either. All it does is let you know that someone wants to be your friend. It doesn't sign you up to follow their posts or anything.

Personally, to me a friend is something very special, and I am kind of particular who I call my friends. I have a lot of aquaintances, but not so many friends.

I joined Facebook to be able to see some of the things my kids were talking about. I rarely post on it because I don't understand it. The few people I have as friends on Facebook, compared to what many people have, are actually my friends and family. I got a friend request from a kid of a neighbour I had over 20 years ago. What's up with that? I doubt I would even recognize him if I saw him.