Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Friends off to Iraq
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2004, 12:47 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

He bluepen, the friend I first talked about is in Fort hood, I think he's in the First cav. Interesting coincidence.

Another thing some Americans lose sight of (ahhhem, particularly very LIBERAL Americans) is that no matter how you feel about George bush, our administration, the coming election or the war in general, WE MUST ALWAYS SUPPORT OUR TROOPS. Some people don't seem to get that through their heads, calling them hired killers and saying if we ran this country right, we wouldn't need a military. What a bunch of idealistic, pot-smoking, flaming leftist, bleeding-heart, nonsense-blathering liberal morons. No matter if you're in war or not military is a tough job that doesn't pay a lot. Nobody goes into the military hoping they're going to have to fight. They go in because they're WILLING to do the job that most of us aren't. If these gooey, lovey, liberal scum can't accept that, maybe they should go find another country to live in. Nobody I mean NOBODY wants war. If we could run this country without a military, we would, but that kind of reasoning works about as well as communism. Looks great on paper, but when you try to implement it its perverted by human error, greed and shortcoming's.

Another bunch of crap is when people talk about our defense spending being too much. Soldiers are not well paid. I also don't want to hear about another Rumsfeld mistake on trying to do this war on the cheap. If you make the decision to send hundreds of thousands of troops into Baghdad, do it right. Flood them with supplies, support and whatever they could ever want to get the job done. Those people are out there dying for our cause, how dare we ration our dollars at their expense!

Ok... I think I'd better stop now...sigh

K