Friggin hit and run drivers - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2009, 01:10 PM
You got a leaky spark tube...

Last wiki edit: Rearend removal
Last journal entry: General Lee
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 19

Friggin hit and run drivers

This is the third time I've had to pay for significant damages to my one of my vehicles because somebody damaged it and took off. Does anybody have any integrity anymore?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mustang3.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	36990  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2009, 01:51 PM
EFI Rules and Carbs Drool

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans
Last journal entry: Sold Everything for a new project
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72
This is the third time I've had to pay for significant damages to my one of my vehicles because somebody damaged it and took off. Does anybody have any integrity anymore?
Man that does suck, cool car too. Looks like it was a clean fender hit though and the other panels are undamaged or at least minor. I know it doesn;t make it any easier to swallow.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Car? Truck? Who Cares

Last journal entry: First week of December
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I've had so many hit and run hits it is just obscene.

Just bought one of my daughters a Buick----and within a week someone had nailed the quarterpanel.

Had an entire side removed from my 73 Ply Gran Coupe when I was in high school----parked in front of my house with the engine running!

Then----the un-insured twits
Was rear-ended at the same intersection in Salt lake City twice in a month.
Neither one of these people had any insurance at all and totaled bot of their cars. When it became apparant there was no insurance--I left 'em there diabled during rush hour.

The great one tho------
When I was not quite 17 (spring of '77) I watched as some drunk in a Buick Electra literally mowed down a parked MG (a girl I worked with) and then proceded to kill my 70 Ply Sport Fury GT. Cops estimated speed at 75 when he hit my car. This would be on a Monday night.

Three days later----A drunk classmate creamed my 62 Galaxie while it was in front of my house-----wiped out both the Galaxie and a very nice 55 F-100.

Fast forward to 2005

2 teen girls in a stolen car cut left in front of my wife and daughter.
Girls take off a running------both cars totaled out. (monday)

2 days later I leve on a trip to Arizona and leave her my 97 T-Bird
Saturday rolls around and she is rear-ended on the freeway!!!!
'nother un-insured!!!

I come home the following monday----went from the airport to the closest Ford dealer and bought the Ranger-----3 weeks later----I rear-end someone in my new truck

And then of course------the idiot broad in the minivan that mangaed to back into the 59 Elky square in the nose and knock it up on a curb.
She had the nerve to say:
No damage----it's an old car

Granted the car was not harmed---but the attitude just made me wanna knock her lights outs.
About 10 witnesses to the incident helped me keep a bit calmer.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:32 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Dang, a new Black GT too...thats gotta hurt. You have my condolences Blazin72, thats a car too nice to hit.

I have almost been hit by so many "elderly" drivers who either can't turn their head to look behind while backing up or just couldn't care less its scary, I drive around during prime "senior rushhour" (9AM-3PM) and have seen some stupid accidents. Many times they just drive away and never get out to even look at the damage they caused.

Looks like a pickup bumper hit to me.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:07 AM

Last photo:

It was a pickup bumper hit. That I am sure of. I am also sure of who did it, it was parallel parked right across the street from a driveway where a couple has two pickups. They both denied it. Neither of their trucks show any damage so there's not much I can do. I'm getting stuck with it on this one, again.

I wish it was "only" black. It's actually called alloy, which is a dark metallic charcoal gray. I'm fairly concerned at how well the paint job and blending is going to match the rest of the car.

If it weren't for the number of people that to pull this crap all of our insurance rates would be much lower. There is no more integrity, anywhere.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:48 AM
EFI Rules and Carbs Drool

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans
Last journal entry: Sold Everything for a new project
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

I wonder if you can find a front fender from a wrecked one that matches the color. Might be easier to just swap a fender and at least the color will match.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:09 AM
How’s that hopey-changey thing

Last wiki edit: Determining top dead center
Last journal entry: Quicky frame dolly
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Well that is the American way of the new generation, RUN from responsibility INSTEAD of manning up

Welcome to America 2009

You are not surprised are you??
Old 03-20-2009, 10:16 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead
I wonder if you can find a front fender from a wrecked one that matches the color. Might be easier to just swap a fender and at least the color will match.
Not a bad idea. I haven't seen too many other cars in my color but I'll take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepi
No I'm not. The last time something like this happened I was pretty ticked off. This time I was more like, "Well, it's just a fender". There's nothing I can do so there's no point in getting angry about it. At least the deductible for uninsured motorist is only $300. There is no way I was going to pay the $1000 collision deductible they originally asked me to pay, not in this case anyway.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:18 AM
Home School Valedictorian

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepi
Well that is the American way of the new generation, RUN from responsibility INSTEAD of manning up

Welcome to America 2009

What I see, it is not just the new generation but the later baby boomers who have given birth to the new generation passing it along to them.
How many times do you see a parent vow "not my kid"? The parents of Casey Anthony are a prime example.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Home School Valedictorian

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72
It was a pickup bumper hit. That I am sure of. I am also sure of who did it, it was parallel parked right across the street from a driveway where a couple has two pickups. They both denied it. Neither of their trucks show any damage so there's not much I can do. I'm getting stuck with it on this one, again.

I wish it was "only" black. It's actually called alloy, which is a dark metallic charcoal gray. I'm fairly concerned at how well the paint job and blending is going to match the rest of the car.

If it weren't for the number of people that to pull this crap all of our insurance rates would be much lower. There is no more integrity, anywhere.
I would have started the conversation with "one of the neighbors seen one of your vehicles hit my car, how are we going to handle this?"
Old 03-20-2009, 08:02 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

just the other day, I was getting ready to leave from work, in the parking lot.. the guy that owned a newer Ford Ranger parked next to me, accidently dropped the sharp tip of his ski pole ( I work at a ski resort ) on the hood of my truck.. I was in my truck changing the music on my MP3 player b4 I left and saw him do it.. he saw he had done it, and got cought and bolted to the back of his truck to put on his normal shoes, but played it off like he did nothing wrong.. I got out of my truck, and informed him, that he dropped his ski pole on my truck hood, and that he was lucky I drove a beater. his response was basicly so what, I drove an old beat up truck.. I then asked him if I could see his insurance information unless he apologized.. and I did get an apology. the guy was probably in his 60's too

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.