Friskit Goo - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2006, 12:10 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Friskit Goo

I just finished airbrushing a emblem for a Dodge, I used a friskit with way to much tack, now Ive got glue residue all over. Ive been using 5 star wax and grease remover but its so hot that it would take off the shading I did. I went and got a water based and it doesnt touch the glue. Anyone know of a remover that will work. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2006, 12:57 PM
STUPID is as STUPID does...

Last wiki edit: Crankshaft Coalition Wiki Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Roll some duct tape sticky side out and use it like a lint remover to pick the glue off.
Mark
Old 09-13-2006, 01:50 PM

Last photo:

If the ducktape trick works let us know, it should be added as a tip of the day, airbrush work is fragile and I know exactly about the solvent based W&G removers wiping off minor highlights. An intercoat clear sure works good for sealing between steps and it makes for a cleanable surface. Check out SPI's intercoat-good stuff!
Old 09-14-2006, 07:14 AM
Problem Child,Hard Case

Last journal entry: Strangest job I've ever done
Last photo:

Someone posted about using bondo dust and sprinkling it on the residue and it will stick to the goo and rub it off. I "thought" I had it bookmarked but it may be at home. I have not tried it yet but it seemed like a good idea.
I feel your pain, That has cost me a LOT of time. I use some good cleaner called The Boss which is like an industrial strength version of Simple Green and a soft rag keeping the area good and wet which makes it a little easier to get off and not disturb the graphics.Boss is pink in color and has some ammonia in it from the smell. It has a black bull logo on the jug. Best cleaner I've found without a prescription.Then I finish it up with the g&w remover.
The solvent just seems to make it "smear" worse and then you try to wipe it off and all you get is a bunch of little goo balls.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:06 AM

Last photo:

I've used house of color kc20 with sucess on base coat graphics,but don't know if it will work on water based graphics.Just let the base dry and use lint free rags,put a little on the rag and carefully wipe off the goo.

Mike
Old 09-17-2006, 12:48 PM

Yeah,I've had that problem with frisket a million or so times.Now I use clear Contact shelf paper from wal-mart.Cost just a couple of bucks and works like you wont believe.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:53 AM
Problem Child,Hard Case

Last journal entry: Strangest job I've ever done
Last photo:

I don't know "what" you guys who use this clear Contact shelf paper are painting with but everytime I've used it,it was a DISASTER. I'll NEVER use it again. Maybe some quick AB work or something but you go and lay out a kandy graphic with and see what happens.
The quality masking is cheap if you buy from a major supplier like Ameriban or some others. Paying for it at the paint store is outragous and after a couple of phone calls, I get a good deal and the good stuff.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.