Hot Rod Forum banner

front clip replacement on 1953 Chevy Truck

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  poncho62 
#1 ·
I have a 1953 Chevy truck and want to install the front Suspention from my 1973 Monte Carlo Does anyone have a good site for me to study or some good advice ? Thanks.

#2 ·
You are new to the board so obviously con't know the ropes yet. You need to read the "Please Read" posts at the beginning of the new-comer section - it tells you that you need to post questions like this one in the proper forum so it will be viewed by people who can answer it. Also, learn about the search function so you can access the huge information base on this board. Your question has been answered in great detail and with many different solutions here already. If, after you have read all of those (and it will take some time to read them all!), we would be glad to answer them.

Oh, and welcome to the board!

P.S. Here is a link to my Journal showing how I installed a Monte Carlo front clip to a '57 Chevy pickup. Those later frames are a little different from your Advance Design one but the principles are the same.

Project Journal

#3 ·
Willys speaks the truth. One suggestion though..... I would not use the Monti clip on an AD truck. I believe if you measure the track it will be too wide and you'll have problems with the tires rubbing the inside of the front fenders. A better choice would be a Nova since they are a bit narrower.

Centerline

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.