Hot Rod Forum banner

Front Disk brake conversion

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  36Chev 
#1 ·
Looking for disk brake conversion.I would like to convert 1937 Ford front axle drum brakes to disks, using ford calipers & rotors. Do you know of any kits,or what parts are needed so that I may do it myself.

#8 ·
chiefbobber

Hey, let us know if this works. On my 34, I would like to convert to discs,but want to use Ford pick up because I'm running vintage set of Torque Thrusts,but they are the 5 on 5 1/2 pattern. I want to stay with the wheels, but don't know if they will work with discs,(back space, diameter,etc.)Thanks.

#9 ·
Back burner

I had to jump off of that for the time being because the 9" rear I picked up was small bolt patt. and I already have a brake set up ready to go for that patt. I will however be pressing King pins out of everything I own in the next week or so I'll get back to you.................

#12 ·
Thank's for the input. There must be a conversion out there somewhere,they haven't all ways just used GM for parts.It seams that over the years gone by
many hotrodders/builders have taken the easy way ( lazy way ) out. If I can't
get a reply back by months end I'll just have crack open bearing & race
catalogs. Hopefully it won't take to long. This will be just one of the obstacles
of many to over come in completing my project.

#13 ·
Brake Conversion

It is best to purchase if you can, but you could make your own. Basicly the system is a plate that mounts to your existing spindle and then a set of holes cut to fit a set of calipers. You could make a template out of wood or plastic and adjust things until all things fit. Email me if you want more details.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.