Hot Rod Forum banner

Front end ID

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  TroyBoy 
#1 ·
No idea where this front end came from. It's a welded in front clip to my 54 Chevy Pickup. No numbers stamped or anything, anyone have a good guess? Double wishbone suspension with PS and PB. Anyone? Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Its not a 1st Gen F-body or 3rd Gen X-body. Possibly a 70 an up F-body or a 75 and up X-body. Steering box appears to be in front of the cross member and it has the kicked out frame horns . Maybe you could find one of the cars at a salvage yard to compare to?

#4 ·
i wish

The junk yards around here suck! I wish I could compare. I am searching only because when I walk into Advanced Auto parts, I need to tell the guy its off a.... I can bring in the original ball joint, but still, it makes it easier. Thanks!

#5 ·
found it!

Found it, thanks for the point in the right direction! 1973 to 1975 subframe, know it was standard on the 74 camero z28, pictures side by side, it cant be anything but. Not sure what year or car, but I can tell the guy at the parts store A car to look up! Thanks!!!
TroyBoy said:
Its not a 1st Gen F-body or 3rd Gen X-body. Possibly a 70 an up F-body or a 75 and up X-body. Steering box appears to be in front of the cross member and it has the kicked out frame horns . Maybe you could find one of the cars at a salvage yard to compare to?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.