front suspension 52 chevy - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2008, 03:46 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

front suspension 52 chevy

Hi i've got a 52 chevy 1/2 ton and its just begining the transformation into a rat. I am planning on a 8 inch Z in the rear with a ladder bar/ ladder link setup. The front is parellel leafs over the axle and i don't know what to do to get my ride height down. Also I plan on running it with no fenders so i would like it look good and i dont know if i like leafs on the front. I could Z the front but i would interfear with the rear leaf mounts. What are a few of my options.
Thanks for all your input good and bad
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	STA70452 Resized.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	31622   Click image for larger version

Name:	STA70455 Resized.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	31623  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2008, 10:23 PM
*WARNING* Idiot in Training!

Last journal entry: Jag Front Clip
Last photo:

You said you were shooting for 8" drop in the rear, so am I to assume that you want at least the same if not more in the front? If so then I am not 100% sure that my original thought of a drop axle with mono leafs will work to get you down that low..Someone who has tried it might be able to chime in more on that...I would thing that your only other option would be a suspension kit of your choice..whether that be a Mustang II based, or Volare, or a GM styled full clip...What is your level of fabricating? What are you comfortable with doing?

Hope this helps a little anyways...maybe others will contribute their input...
Old 08-05-2008, 04:26 AM

Last photo:

low

My level of Fabriction is pretty high, i'm a welder by day. I want to say away from the front clip and IFS, I want a more traditional look. I have seen other cars with a single leaf pack parellel with the axle. Is this an option and what donor car could it come from. And i don't really have go 8" down in the rear but I want the option to later.
Thanks for the input
Old 08-05-2008, 03:35 PM
*WARNING* Idiot in Training!

Last journal entry: Jag Front Clip
Last photo:

well, to my knowledge no car or truck ran a monoleaf from the factory..You would have to purchase all of it aftermarket.. I have ridden in a couple of F-100's with mono leafs and they were surprisingly not bad..Of course keeping the stock seat in with all of its cushy springs didn't hurt either...Plus the straight axle would look nice if you do go open wheel..Aside from that, I would recommend you checking out Cboy's project journals on here..He did a pretty trick looking set up on his project that looks pretty slick ...But it is a lot of work and geometry I am sure...lol

Keep us posted on what you decide...
Old 08-06-2008, 10:01 AM

Last photo:

radius arms

well after some thought and a ton of research. I think a trianglelated 4-link in the rear is going to be cheaper just as easy to set up. I would like to run it on air bags but my buget might not allow. In the front i want ditch the stock leaf springs and use old style radius arms with air bags hopefully. Is there anyone who has any pics or links on this style front suspension. I don,t trust myself to fab the whole setup so i want buy some prefabed parts.

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.