Hot Rod Forum banner

Fuel Block help

4K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  1937MoPar 
#1 ·
I have a tunnel ram set up with two four barrel holleys. I need to purchase a fuel block, but how many ports will I need on the fuel block? thanks guys!

#6 ·
No problem with the extra ports but be very careful of what red fuel line you use. The common Chinese stuff that joints like Speedway sells are prone to early failures... I have heard of several engine fires using that stuff.

http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72958
There are reputable sellers hawking good quality line... ask around and see who has the best. It looks real cool, and is very nostalgic, but the wrong stuff can kill your ride in a hurry.

#9 ·
Question; do you have a pressure regulator also? I always use a regulator and a pressure gauge, as it's good insurance against carb problems, even if you're running a mechanical pump, and a neccessity for an electric pump!
I run my tunnel ram and twin carbs through the regulator, then use one of the regulator outlets for my gauge, and the other goes to my fuel block. My fuel block is a 3 port, so I run in and two out.
I'm afraid of plastic line, so I'm running metal lines on mine.

If you mount it on the firewall you'll need a flexible section from body to engine, but after that I'd do aluminum or steel line.

#11 ·
1971BB427 said:
Question; do you have a pressure regulator also? I always use a regulator and a pressure gauge, as it's good insurance against carb problems, even if you're running a mechanical pump, and a neccessity for an electric pump!
I run my tunnel ram and twin carbs through the regulator, then use one of the regulator outlets for my gauge, and the other goes to my fuel block. My fuel block is a 3 port, so I run in and two out.
I'm afraid of plastic line, so I'm running metal lines on mine.

If you mount it on the firewall you'll need a flexible section from body to engine, but after that I'd do aluminum or steel line.
Is this the engine in the gasser? That car is choice!

Not picking on you, but any worries the fuel block being mounted that way will fatigue the fuel lines? What is the gauge for/hooked to? I don't see any attachment for it. :drunk:

#12 ·
cobalt327 said:
Is this the engine in the gasser? That car is choice!

Not picking on you, but any worries the fuel block being mounted that way will fatigue the fuel lines? What is the gauge for/hooked to? I don't see any attachment for it. :drunk:

Not too worried, as there's a bracket attached to the back of that block. The gauge is plumbed into the intake to read vacuum. Yes, this is my Austin gasser.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.